Student Work Opporunity
$21.35/hr -- 10-hrs/week in Sonoma
3pm-5pm Tue/Thrs & 8:30am-2:30pm Saturday
There is a position currently open for the care of my 81 year old wife who has limiting disabilities due to advanced Parkinson's Disease. She is well-educated, of slight build, weighs 120-lbs, and is very aware. She has difficulty standing and is a serious fall risk.
The successful candidate will provide companionship and assistance as needed, e.g.:
--facilitating physical therapy exercises
--serve prepared meals
There are no domestic tasks, e.g. cleaning, laundry, etc.
1. Compassionate with a desire to be of service
2. 16 years of age or older (if under 18, a valid work permit may be required)
3. An Approved In Home Supportive Services (IHSS) Provider, or willing to pursue becoming an IHSS Provider as soon as possible. We will help guide you along the way.
4. Viewing instruction videos before starting to care for my wife:
A) Understanding Parkinson's Disease;
B) how to operate the equipment my wife uses to stand and move about:
1) Sit-to-Stand Lift-1 and Sit-to-Stand Lift-2;
2) Etac Pivot Turner;
3) Transport Wheelchair;
4) U-Step Walker.
(Note: feel free to skip ads.)
4. In good physical condition and able to lift 35-lbs.
5. Non-smoker with no history of alchol or drug use.
Conditions while on duty:
1. No cellphone use;
2. No personal visitors, inside or out;
3. Casual, but appropriate dress.
4. Remain attentative; however, there may be time for reading or homework, but no cellphone use.
The location for this position is in Brookside Manor, 18715 Highway 12, on the border with Boyes Hot Springs. There is a bus stop in front on Highway 12.
Please feel free to email Bruce at ecurb70@ gmail.com with any further questions regarding this position. If you would like to be considered for this position, email me some of your relevant experiece, current circumstances, and your short term goals.